Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Easy To Love

Ever think about love? To me it is a very funny thing, it can make you feel like you have the ability to conquer the world, but it can also make you feel horrible like the world has conquered you instead. No one said love was easy, but you know what love is? It is accepting, love, real love takes you as who you are despite all your problems, it sees you as who you are and chooses to look at what some would think as flaws and sees them as the very essence of you, it wants to work with you as you work through your “problems”. True love, takes you as you are and accepts you, an it can be hard.

The thing to me that is so funny about love is that even though it is incredibly hard to do sometimes it can also be incredibly easy to do. From my past experiences I have found it is hard for me to open up and love people, and to let myself be loved back, but once one manages to tear down the barriers love is the easiest thing to do. I found that I could not stop it from flowing out of me; I found it so easy to love. There were people in my life that were so easy to love (even if they drove me crazy) it was physically painful, I just felt like my heart was going to burst and I would have an overwhelming need to bite them, or punch them, or squeeze them so tightly neither of us can breath. I mean there are still people in my life I love so much it is sometimes hard to breathe and I feel those aforementioned feelings, but sometimes the hard part of love hits and the walls get built up again, and the more they are rebuilt I find the harder they are to tear down.

Anyways just before I close the somewhat heavy thought of this post I have one more thing to say before I get to the song that made me think of all this stuff. The thing about the love that is so intriguing to me is just that it is so hard but so easy all at once, nothing seems to baffle me more then love. Apart from the basic needs, love is what we as humans crave most. It is the simplest thing we can give one another, yet it is the most complicated because there are so many different way of loving.

So there is this little indie group that I have recently discovered. Ivan & Alyosha, they have a very sweet cheery sound to them that whenever I listen to them I cannot help but smile. Through listening to their 7 song EP (called The Verse, The Chorus) it is easy for me to see (or hear) that Tim Wilson and Ryan Carbary are very dedicated to their craft, and that they seem to like simplicity, which I see absolutely nothing wrong with, sometimes simple get the job done just great. Perhaps to me the most stunning song to me on this little EP is the third track, Easy to Love. This song makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. The lyrics are not complicated and there is not shortage on claps and drums, the gentle guitar soothes me and the whistling never fails to make me smile (I must confess to singing along, very horribly, to it on many occasions). This song feels warm and fuzzy, just like love does at the best of times. It is sweet and endearing and the vocals of Tim Wilson are always a treat on my eardrums.

I guess in the end it gives this little hope within me that one day I will have my little barriers torn down, and I will find it easy to love once again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyYgN8DHdTM

Happy listening friends

Abby

1 comment: